Treasure Island 3 جزيرة الكنز فصل 3

Treasure Island 3
جزيرة الكنز فصل 3

The next morning, Mr Trelawney asked me to take a note to Long John Silver. I went to the inn which Silver owned. It was full of people, but I soon saw a tall, strong man with one leg. He looked very happy and seemed to know all of the people there. I walked up to him and gave him the note. When he saw that it was from Mr Trelawney, he looked surprised and said, “Ah, you must be the new ship’s boy!”

At that moment, one of the men in the inn quickly left the room. I saw that he had three fingers on one hand.

“It’s Black Dog!” I called. “Stop him!”

“Yes, stop him! He did not pay for his food!” called Silver to one of his helpers. The helper ran after the door.

“Do you know that man? Black Dog, is it?” Silver asked me.

“Yes, he was one of the men who attacked my home. Did Mr Trelawney tell you about that?” I replied.

“Ah, yes. I’ve seen him in my inn before. He sometimes comes with a blind man.”

“The blind man is called Pew,” I said. “He was with Black Dog when they attacked.”

“Then we must catch them both,” said Silver. However, the helper returned and said he could not catch Black Dog.

“Well, we must return to Mr Trelawney,” said Silver.

We walked back along the harbour past boats of different sizes, all preparing to go to sea. 

Silver told me all about the boats and I knew that he was a great sailor.

We found Dr Livesy with Mr Trelawney when we returned to his hotel, and told them about Black Dog.

“There is nothing we can do now,” said Mr Trelawney. “We leave at four o’clock this afternoon. Get your hat, Jim, we’ll go on the ship now,” he said to me.

It took some time to reach the Hispaniola. When we walked onto the big ship, the captain, Smollett, did not look happy to see us.

“What’s the problem?” asked Mr Trelawney.

“I don’t like the men on this ship and I’m not happy about where we’re going,” he said.

“Why not?” asked Dr Livesy.

“I was told that the destination of the journey was a secret,” he explained. “But the crew tell me we’re looking for treasure. I know that looking for treasure always means danger. And when I go on a journey, I like to be able to choose my own crew.”

“Don’t you like the crew we chose?” asked Mr Trelawney.

“If I sail with them, I want you to stay at the front of the ship for all the journey, and to keep guns with you. And don’t show anyone the map,” said Smollett.

“Are you worried there will be a mutiny?” asked Dr Livesy.

“It’s my job to keep you safe, that’s all,’ said Smollett, and walked to another part of the ship.

“I think you’ve two good men on the ship,” said Dr Livesy. “That’s Long John Silver and Captain Smollett.”

“I know Long John Silver is a good man,” said Mr Trelawney, “but I don’t think Captain Smollett is.”

I agreed with Mr Trelawney. I did not like Captain Smollett.

The Hispaniola finally left Bristol and our long journey began. Silver was able to walk around the ship on one leg, using only a crutch. All the men liked him and he was a good cook, his kitchen always clean. When he wasn’t working, he looked after his parrot. He called it Captain Flint and said it was 200 years old. The parrot could talk, too, which always made me laugh.

One night, before I went to bed, I decided to eat an apple. The apples were kept in a big barrel which I climbed inside, because it was nearly empty. Before I left the barrel, I heard a man talking nearby. It was Silver and what he said was terrible.

“On that journey, Flint was the captain,” he said. “It was then that I lost my leg and Pew became blind. After that journey, I put a lot of money in the bank. It was a great journey, and most of the same crew are on this ship today.”

 “You won’t be able to return to Bristol after this journey,” said another sailor called Dick. “What will happen to your inn?”

“I’ve sold it,” said Silver. “My wife has the money and is waiting for me to return in a secret place. And after this journey, you’ll have lots of money, too.”

Another man joined them and said, “I’m tired of waiting. When can we attack Captain Smollett?”

“You must be patient,” said Silver. “Trelawney has the map, so we wait until they have found the treasure. We might also want Smollett to take us home before we attack.”

“We shouldn’t wait that long,” replied another sailor.

“You’re like the others,” said Silver. “You want to do things quickly. That’s what Pew and Flint wanted to do. What happened to them? Pew is blind and Flint is dead.”

I began to realise that Silver was not only a cook, but he was also a pirate, and the other crew were part of his gang.

“No, we wait,” continued Silver. “When the time is right, I’ll kill Trelawney and his friends! Now, Dick, can you get me an apple?”

When I heard these words, I was very frightened. However, before Dick came to the barrel, I heard another sailor call out:

“I can see land!”

It was this news that saved me, because the sailors now all forgot about apples. We were near the Treasure Island.

في صباح اليوم التالي ، طلب مني السيد تريلوني توصيل رسالة إلى لونج جون سيلفر. ذهبت الى النزل الي يملكه سيلفر. كان مليئا بالناس ، لكنني سرعان ما رأيت رجل طويل القامة ذو ساق واحدة. بدا سعيدًا جدًا ويبدو أنه يعرف كل الناس هناك. صعدت له و أعطيته الورقة. و عندما رأى أنها من السيد تريلوني ، بدا مستغربا و قال ، "آه ، بالتأكيد أنك صبي السفينة الجديدة!" في تلك اللحظة ، غادر أحد الرجال في النزل بسرعة الغرفة. رأيت أن لديه ثلاثة أصابع في يد واحدة. صحت"إنه بلاك دوج ! أوقفوه!" نادي سيلفر لأحد مساعديه"نعم ، أوقفه! لم يدفع ثمن طعامه! ركض مساعده خارج الباب.

سألني سيلفر ، "هل تعرف هذا الرجل؟ بلاك دوج ، أليس كذلك؟ " أخبرته " نعم ، لقد كان أحد الرجال الذين هاجموا منزلي. هل أخبرك السيد تريلوني بهذا؟ " "أه نعم. لقد رأيته في نزلتي من قبل. في بعض الأحيان يأتي مع رجل أعمى. " قولت: "الرجل الأعمى يدعى بيو". "كان مع بلاك دوج عندما هاجموا ". قال سيلفر: " يجب أن نمسك بهما". و مع ذلك ، عاد المساعد وقال أنه لم يتمكن من القبض على بلاك دوج. قال سيلفر: "حسنًا ، يجب أن نعود إلى السيد تريلوني"

مشينا مرة أخرى عائدين بمحاذاة الميناء مررنا بقوارب من مختلف الأحجام ، جميعها تستعد للذهاب إلى البحر. أخبرني سيلفر بكل شيء عن القوارب و عرفت أنه كان بحارًا عظيمًا. وجدنا الدكتور ليفزي مع السيد تريلوني عندما عدنا إلى فندقه وأخبرناهم عن الكلب الأسود. قال السيد تريلوني: "لا يوجد شيء يمكننا القيام به الآن". "سوف نغادر الساعة الرابعة بعد ظهر هذا اليوم. قال لي: "أحضر قبعتك يا جيم ، سنذهب على السفينة الآن". استغرق الأمر بعض الوقت للوصول إلى هيسبانيولا. عندما مشينا داخل السفينة الكبيرة ، لم يكن القبطان ، سموليت ، سعيدًا لرؤيتنا. سأل السيد تريلوني "ما هي المشكلة؟"

قال "لا يعجبني الرجال على متن هذه السفينة ، وأنا لست سعيدًا بالمكان الذي نحن ذاهبون إليه".

سأل الدكتور ليفزي "لماذا لا؟". أوضح "قيل لي أن وجهة الرحلة كانت سرية، لكن الطاقم يخبرني أننا نبحث عن الكنز. أعلم أن البحث عن الكنز يعني دائمًا الخطر. وعندما أذهب في رحلة ، أحب أن أكون قادرًا على اختيار طاقمي. " سأل السيد تريلوني "ألا تحب الطاقم الذي اخترناه؟".

قال سموليت "إذا أبحرت معهم ، أريدك أن تبقى في مقدمة السفينة طوال الرحلة ، وأن تحافظ على بنادقك معك. ولا تُظهر الخريطة لأي شخص." سأل الدكتور ليفزي "هل أنت قلق من أنه سيكون هناك تمرد؟". قال سموليت "إنها وظيفتي أن أبقيك آمنا ، هذا كل شيء. و مشي إلى جزء آخر من السفينة.

قال الدكتور ليفزي "أعتقد أنك لديك رجلان جيدان على متن هذه السفينة. و هما لونج جون سيلفر و القبطان سموليت." قال السيد تريلوني "أعرف أن لونج جون سيلفر رجل طيب ، لكنني لا أعتقد أن الكابتن سموليت كذلك." وأنا أتفق مع السيد تريلوني. لم يعجبني الكابتن سموليت أيضا.

غادرت هيسبانيولا أخيرًا بريستول وبدأت رحلتنا الطويلة. كان سيلفر يمشي حول السفينة على ساق واحدة ، باستخدام عكاز فقط. كان جميع الرجال يحبونه وكان طباخًا جيدًا ، وكان مطبخه دائمًا نظيفًا. عندما لم يكن يعمل ، كان يعتنى بببغاء. أطلق عليه اسم الكابتن فلينت وقال إنه كان يبلغ عمره 200 عام. استطاع الببغاء أن يتحدث أيضًا ، الأمر الذي جعلني أضحك دائمًا.

في إحدى الليالي ، قبل أن أذهب للنوم ، قررت أن آكل تفاحة. كان التفاح محفوظا في برميل كبير تسلقته من الداخل ، لأنه كان فارغًا تقريبًا. قبل أن أغادر البرميل ، سمعت رجلاً يتحدث في مكان قريب. كان سيلفر وما قاله كان فظيعًا.

قال سيلفر"في تلك الرحلة ، كان فلينت القبطان و لقد فقدت ساقي وأصبح بيو أعمى. بعد هذه الرحلة ، وضعت الكثير من المال في البنك. كانت رحلة رائعة ، ومعظم أفراد الطاقم على متن هذه السفينة اليوم. "

قال بحار آخر يدعى ديك: "لن تتمكن من العودة إلى بريستول بعد هذه الرحلة". "ماذا سيحدث للنزل الي تمتلكه؟" قال سيلفر: "لقد بعته". زوجتي لديها المال وتنتظرني للعودة في مكان سري. وبعد هذه الرحلة ، سيكون لديك الكثير من المال أيضًا. " انضم إليهم رجل آخر وقال: "تعبت من الانتظار. متى يمكننا مهاجمة القبطان سموليت؟ قال سيلفر: "يجب أن تكون صبورًا". "لدى تريلوني الخريطة ، لذلك ننتظر حتى يعثروا على الكنز. قد نرغب أيضًا في أن يأخذنا سموليت إلى المنزل قبل الهجوم. " أجاب بحار آخر: "يجب ألا ننتظر هذا الوقت الطويل". قال سيلفر "أنت مثل الآخرين". "تريد أن تفعل الأشياء بسرعة. هذا ما أراده بيو و فلنت. ماذا حدث لهم؟ بيو أعمى وفلينت ميت ".  بدأت أدرك أن سيلفر لم يكن فقط طباخًا ، ولكنه كان أيضًا قرصانًا ، وكان الطاقم الآخر جزءًا من عصابته. تابع سيلفر"لا ، ننتظر. عندما يحين الوقت ، سأقتل تريلوني وأصدقائه! الآن ، ديك ، هل يمكنك أن تحضر لي تفاحة؟ " عندما سمعت هذه الكلمات ، كنت خائفًا للغاية. ومع ذلك ، قبل وصول ديك إلى البرميل ، سمعت بحارًا آخر ينادي: "أستطيع أن أرى الأرض!" كانت هذه الأخبار هي التي أنقذتني ، لأن البحارة الآن نسوا كل شيء عن التفاح. كنا بالقرب من جزيرة الكنز.





تعليقات

المشاركات الشائعة من هذه المدونة

The Old Man and the Sea

قصة جزيرة الكنز للصف الأول الثانوي Treasure Island